CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.10.2008

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

I used to be very against fruit in a green salad but this has won me over! I got his recpie from my "aunt" Stacia. I say "aunt" because I am a year older than her! :) Thanks Stacia!

In a bowl combine:

Bag of spinach or you can use romaine (or use both!)

mushrooms (sliced)

sugared almonds (optional)

red onion

strawberries (sliced)

Dressing:

1/2 cup of sugar

1 cup of olive oil

1/3 cup of white or rice vinegar

1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp poppy seeds (this can be optional!)

and some of the red onion chopped

add all of the ingredients into a processor or I use my blender and mix it together.

It is so good and I have been using it with the Parmesan Chicken dish instead of the lemon vinaigrette salad. A very nice fresh and light summer salad. I have cut the dressing recipe in half before . It just depends on how much of the salad you want to make.

No comments: