CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.22.2008

Chocolate Cake In The Slow Cooker

When my family went to Scotland almost ten years ago we stayed on an island called Jura.  We stayed in the only hotel on the island and I think we were the only guests.  We stayed for a week and every night we had a chocolate cake for dessert that was SO heavenly.  I have often dreamed of it, wishing I could go back there.  Well, a couple weeks ago we made this recipe and much to my delight it tasted JUST like the Scotland cake.  It's delicious served hot with vanilla ice cream.  

Ingredients:
1 package (about 18 ozs) chocolate cake mix
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips (we used semi-sweet)
1 cup water
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 package (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie mix filling

1. Lightly grease inside of slow cooker
2. Combine cake mix, sour cream, chocolate chips, water, eggs, oil and pudding and pie filling mix in slow cooker; mix well.
3. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.  Serve hot or warm with ice cream.

*My crock pot has four settings, 4 and 6 hours (high) and 8 and 10 hours (low).  I set mine to six hours and it was done in three.  It started to smell like it was burning so I turned it off, but it tasted fine.  So, just keep an eye on it.

3 comments:

Grandma Cebe said...

Yes, this definitely brought back memories of the Jura Hotel and their heavenly chocolate cake.

Wendy said...

Hmmm, wonder if I could switch out the flavors without botching the recipe. We all know how I love chocolate cake. Gag.

Annie Jarman said...

I'm sure you could. Try it out and tell us how it went. :)